1. The shirts were first spotted by Free Times reporter Corey Hutchins.
2. The shirts read: “How to catch an illegal immigrant,” and feature a picture of a box on string with two tacos in it.
Taco Cid’s Facebook page has already erupted with angry comments.
Taco Cid has put a statement regarding the controversial shirts on their website, defending the shirts as “witty and comical”:
Our t-shirts were created as a witty and comical statement regarding ILLEGAL immigrants. There are NO racial nor hate remarks towards any specific ethnic group.
Taco Cid and its employees are not racist. We will serve EVERY individual with the same quality of service, respect in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.