1. In Esquire’s feature “The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden… Is Screwed,” the anonymous SEAL member they interviewed speaks candidly about Metallica requesting their music not be used for interrogation.
photo taken July 28, 2012
2. From the Esquire piece:
He also insists that when it came to interrogation, repetitive questioning and leveraging fear was as aggressive as he’d go. “When we first started the war in Iraq, we were using Metallica music to soften people up before we interrogated them,” the Shooter says. “Metallica got wind of this and they said, ‘Hey, please don’t use our music because we don’t want to promote violence.’ I thought, Dude, you have an album called Kill ‘Em All.
3. “…But we stopped using their music, and then a band called Demon Hunter got in touch and said, ‘We’re all about promoting what you do.’”
4. “…They sent us CDs and patches. I wore my Demon Hunter patch on every mission. I wore it when I blasted bin Laden.”
5. Demon Hunter are not regarded as being a particularly “respected” band in the metal community.
6. For some context, here are the top Youtube comments on Demon Hunter’s top single right now:
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- An independent committee has been formed to review evidence of the arrest and death of Sandra Bland.