3. He has no political experience, but he has a doctorate in law.
4. Franz collected almost 8,800 signatures during his first weekend of campaigning.
5. He’s one of nine candidates running for president of the Czech Republic.
6. Politically, he’s a moderate who promotes tolerance, human rights, democracy and alternative energy.
7. His tattoos cover 90% of his body.
8. He received 88,388 signatures, more than the 50,000 needed to run and will belong stage 2 of his candidacy.
“I understand I can be hard to read for many people, because until now I’ve only expressed my views through my art. Now I have to formulate them in a decoded language.”
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›