1. Jiroemon turned 115 last April and is only 15 days younger than the previous record holder.
2. He has five children, 14 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren.
3. When asked what his secret to longevity was:
“I don’t know exactly… maybe it’s all thanks to the sun above me. I am always looking up towards the sky, that is how I am.”
4. Congrats Jiroemon!
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›