2. The mascot has become the butt of a lot of jokes in Brazil. Here’s an image macro from Brazilian meme site Kibe Loco:
The above image reads: “This is Chaminha, the burn victim mascot in Minas Gerais he visits children who are burn victims… No one can burn as bad as a bad marketer.”
Flamy is the mascot at the Fundaçao Hospitalar in Minas Gerais, which currently receives over 100 burn victims a day according to the blog of Brazlian writer Gabriel Diniz. And a major factor in many of their burn cases is flammable alcohol. A few hospitals in the Minas Gerais area are using Flamy to teach children about what to do with flammable material and how to treat burns if they receive them.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️