1. Enterprise Florida, a group that promotes job growth in Florida, held a press conference last week to unveil their new logo and slogan:
2. The “i” in Florida has been replaced with a tie and a tagline that reads “a perfect climate for business.”
3. Facebook users along with local Florida bloggers have come out against the logo, questioning why business has to be symbolized with a man’s necktie.
4. According to the group’s Facebook page, Enterprise Florida is a partnership between Florida’s business leaders and government officials.
5. And they’re funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/sheriffs-deputy-shot-dead-in-ambush-at-texas-gas-station)
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)