1. Enterprise Florida, a group that promotes job growth in Florida, held a press conference last week to unveil their new logo and slogan:
2. The “i” in Florida has been replaced with a tie and a tagline that reads “a perfect climate for business.”
3. Facebook users along with local Florida bloggers have come out against the logo, questioning why business has to be symbolized with a man’s necktie.
4. According to the group’s Facebook page, Enterprise Florida is a partnership between Florida’s business leaders and government officials.
5. And they’re funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island of Saipan.