1. So, the end of the very last episode of How I Met Your Mother finally shows the moment Ted and The Mother, aka Tracy McConnell, meet.
2. And it’s adorable.
3. And then Ted and Tracy get married.
4. And it’s also totally adorable.
5. ***MEGA SUPER SPOILER ALERT***
Do not read past this point if you don’t want to know the huge reveal in the series finale.
6. Then the episode cuts to Ted’s kids and we learn The Mother gets sick and dies. By the time Ted’s telling the story, she’s been dead for six years.
7. Ted’s kids then give him permission to chase after their Aunt Robin, saying it’s clear they really like each other. Cut to Robin’s apartment.
8. And there’s a ring at her doorbell…
9. And who’s outside? Ted.
10. And he’s got a blue French horn!
11. By the time the finale ended, #HIMYMFinale was the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter. And the reaction from fans was pretty split:
14. Many viewers were disappointed, upset, and mostly just sad the show was ending. And some also felt a little cheated that they watched the show for nine years just to have Ted and Robin get back together.
- It's Democratic debate time: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are facing off for the first time since Bern's big win in New Hampshire. We're bringing it to you live 🇺🇸