1. Last month, Disney Channel’s Good Luck Charlie, made history featuring the first openly gay characters on the Disney Channel.
2. The episode revolves around a playdate between Charlie and her new friend Taylor, who has two moms Cheryl and Susan.
3. According to TMZ, an individual began making extremely explicit death threats on Instagram against Mia Talerico, the five-year-old actress who plays Charlie:
According to police docs obtained by TMZ … Mia Talerico began receiving threatening messages last month on her Instagram — including one reading, “Die Mia, F**king Die in hell! Kill yourself, you deserve to die.”
The suspect then sent a picture of Mia’s head with a bloody fist covering it … with this message, “Yes, kill you stupid bitch.”
4. The LAPD’s Threat Management Unit became involved and are now currently investigating the threat.
5. Since the death threats appeared, Mia’s other Instagram followers have been offering their condolences, outraged that someone would threaten to kill the five-year-old girl.
6. Previously, The American Family Association’s One Million Moms group came out against the show, furious it would depict a same sex couple.
One Million Moms launched an email campaign in 2013 that urged Disney officials to abandon their plans to corrupt the children’s network with LGBT content. However, Disney officials have not responded to the thousands of emails protesting their plans. Disney has decided to be politically correct instead of providing family-friendly programming. Disney should stick to entertaining, not pushing an agenda.
Conservative families need to urge Disney to avoid controversial topics that children are far too young to comprehend. This is the last place a parent would expect their children to be confronted with topics that are too difficult for them to understand. Mature issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, and it is extremely unnecessary.
7. Disney has no plans of having the couple return, but only because this is currently the last season of Good Luck Charlie
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- President Obama is one vote away from sealing a historic nuclear deal with Iran after two Democratic senators backed the agreement. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›