1. Last month, Disney Channel’s Good Luck Charlie, made history featuring the first openly gay characters on the Disney Channel.
3. According to TMZ, an individual began making extremely explicit death threats on Instagram against Mia Talerico, the five-year-old actress who plays Charlie:
According to police docs obtained by TMZ … Mia Talerico began receiving threatening messages last month on her Instagram — including one reading, “Die Mia, F**king Die in hell! Kill yourself, you deserve to die.”
The suspect then sent a picture of Mia’s head with a bloody fist covering it … with this message, “Yes, kill you stupid bitch.”
4. The LAPD’s Threat Management Unit became involved and are now currently investigating the threat.
6. Previously, The American Family Association’s One Million Moms group came out against the show, furious it would depict a same sex couple.
One Million Moms launched an email campaign in 2013 that urged Disney officials to abandon their plans to corrupt the children’s network with LGBT content. However, Disney officials have not responded to the thousands of emails protesting their plans. Disney has decided to be politically correct instead of providing family-friendly programming. Disney should stick to entertaining, not pushing an agenda.
Conservative families need to urge Disney to avoid controversial topics that children are far too young to comprehend. This is the last place a parent would expect their children to be confronted with topics that are too difficult for them to understand. Mature issues of this nature are being introduced too early and too soon, and it is extremely unnecessary.
7. Disney has no plans of having the couple return, but only because this is currently the last season of Good Luck Charlie
- The reboot of popular BBC car show "Top Gear" will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁