1. Five-year-old Jayden Sink is the daughter of Jon Sink, the founder of FRESHCASSETTE, an organization that combines art and music with philanthropy.
2. Jayden set-up her stand in front of the Equality House, the rainbow-painted house that was set-up across the street from The Westboro Baptist headquarters in March.
3. Jayden’s fundraiser’s is also hosted on crowdrise.com, which has already raised $10,165 as of Monday morning. From the page’s description:
Jayden, a 5 1/2 year old beautiful girl, will be selling lemonade on the front lawn of the Equality House with an ole’ fashioned lemonade stand. 100% of proceeds from the sales will go directly towards the work of Planting Peace. Let’s show Jayden how powerful philanthropy can be! Come on your lunch break, bring your kids, and have a good time with us!
4. On Friday Jayden’s lemonade stand raised over $400, with people donating $10 and $20 at a time.
5. Westboro Baptist Church members tried calling the police and even cursing at people in line who were waiting to buy Jayden’s lemonade.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.