1. It’s darker and weirder than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which was already a pretty complex album.
3. Daft Punk co-produced some of the most aggressive songs on the album, like “Black Skinhead” and “On Sight.”
Matt Sayles / AP
4. Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon is also on it, singing on the ultra-melodic fifth track, “Hold My Liquor.”
David Mcnew / Reuters
5. Frank Ocean appears on “New Slaves,” at the end of the song.
Jamie McCarthy / Getty Images
6. There are a lot of dancehall sounds all over the album, keeping up with the samples used on “Mercy” last year.
7. He’s brought back some of the Auto-Tune-dominated style of 2008’s 808s & Heartbreak, particularly on “Blood on the Leaves.” Really, that song is like every era of Kanye production at once.
8. The album version of “New Slaves” is different than the SNL version, with a brighter, longer outro.
Here Are The Top Stories
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.