Supreme Constitutional Court deputy chief justice Adly Mansour is president of Egypt
“I offer my greetings to the revolutionary people of Egypt,” Mansour said Thursday.
2. Adly Mansour is Egypt’s Chief Justice of the High Constitutional Court.
4. Mansour started at his position on July 1st.
5. He was appointed by newly deposed President Mohamed Morsi.
6. Supreme Constitutional Court of Egypt is the highest judicial power in Egypt.
7. He is 67 years old.
8. This might be his Facebook and if it is, he has 15 friends.
10. …And Batman. And Ironman.
11. Mansour will serve as Egypt’s interim leader until a new president is elected. A date for that vote has yet to be set.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article mislabeled a photo as Adly Mansour and misstated Mansour’s age.