1. CBS New York reported last month that three teenagers were arrested for beating a homeless man to death.
2. CBS said local police believed the three teenagers were playing a game called “Knockout” or “One Hitter Quitter,” where teenagers randomly attack strangers on the street.
3. Last week, the same New York CBS affiliate reported that a 19-year-old Jewish man from Brooklyn was attacked by black teenagers playing “Knock Out The Jew,” a variation of The Knockout Game.
4. A local rabbi, Yaacov Behrman, told CBS that black teenagers were going around the area punching Jewish people.
6. The problem with that theory is there’s almost no evidence to support that teenagers are uploading Knockout videos. YouTube is full of people reacting to the original news reports.
7. The Knockout Game is already the name of a game teenagers play and upload to YouTube where they try to make themselves faint.
8. Vine is similarly devoid of the alleged Knockout videos being uploaded by teenagers.
9. The majority of content under Knockout-related tags are boxing clips, fake fight skits, and videos of teenagers sleeping.
10. The search results for One Hitter Quitter are also devoid of fight videos. The majority of them show teenagers smoking weed.
11. The most popular Facebook page fitting any of the CBS’ original search criteria for Knockout-related content is this “One Hitter Quitter” Facebook page with only 169 likes.
12. On Instagram #KnockoutGame is a tag that refers to a One Direction fan game.