1. Have you ever noticed that Target refrigerates its Doritos?
5. If you go to Target, you’ll see bags of Doritos hanging out in the refrigerated food section with shredded cheese and ground beef.
7. The question, though, is WHYYYYYY?
9. What does it mean? What is Target trying to tell us about Doritos?
10. Right now The Consumerist has the best two working theories about this bizarre phenomenon:
11. Doritos may, in fact, be crunchier when kept at a lower temperature. And Target may also be trying to market what it calls a “walking taco.”
12. Which is when you dump a whole bunch of nonsense in a Doritos bag and eat it like Frito pie.
A representative for Target has confirmed for BuzzFeed that the fridge Doritos are part of its larger promotion for a walking taco. The cold-chips mystery has been solved.