1. Cubby Checker is suing the creators of a Palm WebOS app that let’s women try and guess the penis size of the men they meet. The singer, famous for “The Twist,” claims it tarnishes his good name.
Photo taken July 9, 2010 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
2. Hewlett Packard and Palm, Inc. are being sued for half a billion dollars for trademark infringement even though the app was pulled from Palm’s app store in September.
3. The original app cost users 9 cents to purchase and was only downloaded by 84 users.
4. Still, Checker is seeking damages and restitution to preserve his “integrity and legacy.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.