1. @inotayuta was fired from his job at a Japanese Burger King for posting this photo online.
2. His account has since been deleted, but the photo went viral in Japan, causing users to flood Burger King with complaints.
3. People were furious an employee would lay on a pile of hamburger buns.
4. Also, this bucket is super gross.
5. The photo was posted on 2ch, one of Japan’s largest forums, and caused a massive uproar.
6. inotayuta’s account also had other photos of him goofing off in the Burger King’s kitchen.
7. Burger King Japan released a statement, stressing that the hamburger buns in the pictures were not served to customers.
8. According to Kotaku, Japanese Twitter users are now referring to the ex-employee as “Bakka King” or “Idiot King.”
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›