1. Collette Moreno, pictured on the left, snapped this selfie minutes before her friend, Ashley Theobald’s, car collided with an oncoming car.
2. Moreno, a 26-year-old bride-to-be from Missouri, was on the way to her bachelorette party with Theobald.
3. Theobald was attempting to pass a large truck in front of them. The truck’s exhaust was triggering her asthma giving her coughing fits. As Theobald tried to pass the truck, her vehicle was struck by an oncoming car.
Pictured above: Collette Moreno and her fiancé, Jesse Arcobasso.
4. Moreno’s fiancé, Jesse Arcobasso, heard about the accident and met them at the hospital. Theobald only suffered minor injuries. Moreno was later pronounced dead.
5. The local community is mourning the loss of the young woman. She leaves behind a 5-year-old son.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›