AJC is on some other stuff today
1. Updated — 4:50 p.m. ET
2. The Twitter account for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution sent out this tweet on Wednesday morning and then was quickly deleted.
3. The tweet linked to a story about Willie Lynch, a Powder Springs, Ga., resident who bought a winning $1 million lottery ticket.
4. And while the tweet was yanked down, it didn’t stop people from seeing it or the subsequent screenshots.
5. Needless to say, readers weren’t thrilled…
11. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has apologized for the tweet, saying they’re working on addressing what happened.
12. Kevin Riley, editor of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, said the paper is taking disciplinary action against the employees involved.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution sincerely regrets an earlier Twitter message that contained an inappropriate statement. We took immediate action to apologize via social media and on our website and will issue an apology in Thursday morning’s print edition. We do not condone such offensive messages and are reviewing our procedures to ensure this type of error does not happen again. Additionally, we are taking the appropriate disciplinary action with the individuals involved.