1. Nando’s is a sort of fast food, sort of sit down Portuguese chicken restaurant originally from South Africa. Everyone in England loves it.
2. It’s seriously a thing.
7. The vibe inside a Nando’s is super like an Applebee’s. But people are actually excited to go there, like Chipotle.
8. A lot of British celebrities, like Ed Sheeran, have Nando’s black cards that let them eat there for free. Basically, Nando’s is considered a really cool place.
10. It was suggested that a good place to start at Nando’s was its chicken roulette meal and two sides. I got macho peas and sweet potato mash.
11. How was the sweet potato mash?
Verdict: It’s pretty great. It’s like your typical mashed sweet potato dish. Nothing crazy spectacular but definitely not gross and it goes really well with the chicken.
12. How were the macho peas?
Verdict: They were really interesting. Not the usual thing you think of when you think fast food chicken joint. Nevertheless, they were definitely not gross.
13. How was the chicken?
Verdict: So it’s grilled chicken, not fried. And it definitely makes KFC look like garbage. The chicken roulette is a 10-piece bag of mild and spicy wings mixed together, so you don’t really know what you’re going to bite into. That being said, none of them were very hot.
14. Which is where Peri-Peri sauce comes in.
Verdict: Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce is awesome. The extra hot bottle really isn’t that spicy compared to American hot sauces. It’s probably a little spicier than Frank’s Red Hot, except it’s a lot better.
15. In conclusion, Nando’s is definitely as good England thinks it is.
I mean, it’s just chicken, how different could it be, right? Nando’s makes just really quality chicken wings. It’s hell of a lot better than what you’d get at KFC and it’s a lot classier than a Buffalo Wild Wings.
16. As of right now, there are a handful in America, but only in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia area. If you come across one, definitely give it a shot.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›