1. 23-year-old Samantha Malson assaulted her boyfriend, Lars Hansen, because he wouldn’t stop drunkenly singing “Thrift Shop.”
2. From The Smoking Gun article:
After Malson briefly left the residence, she returned and “began to listen to Macklemore’s song ‘Thrift Shop,’ which Hansen was singing while laying on the couch.” Malson, pictured in the above mug shot, told cops that Hansen sang the lyrics “over and over,” and that she asked him to stop “25 times” before the fracas began.
“He just annoyed me,” Malson told police. She also reportedly confessed that, “I grabbed him around the throat” and “I did it for intimidation.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.