1. A woman recently sued the University of Cincinnati Medical Center claiming that two employees leaked her medical records on Facebook.
2. She went to the hospital to get tested for a sexually transmitted disease. Shortly after, all of her medical info turned up on “Team No Hoes,” a private Facebook group with 2,200 people on it.
3. The group listed her as a “slut,” advising other users of the fact she had an STD. She’s now suing the hospital for $25,000 in damages.
4. “She was absolutely devastated. That is the most private of private medical information that was posted on Facebook,” said the woman’s attorney, Mike Allen.
“To have that kind of information in the public domain when it is clearly legally to be protected, that’s a problem and that’s a problem that UC’s responsible for,” Allen said.
5. According to local reports, the hospital declined to comment, saying they had yet to receive the lawsuit.
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›