1. Grayson Bruce and his mother, Noreen, recently made headlines in North Carolina after being told that Grayson could no longer wear his My Little Pony backpack to school.
2. The school told the Bruces that the backpack was a “trigger for bullying,” due to the fact that it looked “girly.”
3. Last week a Support For Grayson Facebook page was started and it’s already amassed over 25,000 likes.
5. Along with words of encouragement from strangers all over the world.
6. Including this very badass video message from a member of the United States Navy.
7. There’s also a Change.org petition that hit it’s goal of 4,000 signatures Monday.
8. The petition has a form letter to Tony Baldwin, the Superintendent of Buncombe County Schools in North Carolina.
We need you’re help. Students are bullied everyday in this state. Children are mistreated and are bullied of unjustifiable reasons. This young boy has been bullied for having a Rainbow Dash backbpack. Rather than stop the bullying, they’ve made it so he can’t bring it back, and allowed the bullies to get off scot-free. We can’t let this happen.