1. Redneck Heaven was known for their “Anything But Clothes (ABC) Nights,” but the restaurant was recently told that waitresses couldn’t wear just body paint while serving food.
2. The town of Lewisville, Texas, however, recently voted to change their nudity laws, outlawing Redneck Heaven’s ABC Nights.
3. After the city council was alerted to the fact that the wait staff were only wearing pasties and body paint on certain nights, the law now states that food staff must wear “decent covering.”
4. The city council changed the laws after an upset customer complained that the women were essentially naked.
5. The city council’s decision has come under some backlash, however, with many saying they didn’t have a problem with the nudity.
6. Kristal White, a Texas body paint artist, said that the women were showcasing “a very beautiful form of art.”
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›