1. Redneck Heaven was known for their “Anything But Clothes (ABC) Nights,” but the restaurant was recently told that waitresses couldn’t wear just body paint while serving food.
2. The town of Lewisville, Texas, however, recently voted to change their nudity laws, outlawing Redneck Heaven’s ABC Nights.
3. After the city council was alerted to the fact that the wait staff were only wearing pasties and body paint on certain nights, the law now states that food staff must wear “decent covering.”
4. The city council changed the laws after an upset customer complained that the women were essentially naked.
5. The city council’s decision has come under some backlash, however, with many saying they didn’t have a problem with the nudity.
6. Kristal White, a Texas body paint artist, said that the women were showcasing “a very beautiful form of art.”
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›