1. Tuesday night, 15-year-old Bartlomiej “Bart” Palosz shot himself with a family-owned shotgun. He had just finished his first day of school.
2. Bart had a regularly updated Google Plus page that tells the story of a very depressed and troubled teenager.
3. Lisa Johnson, whose son was a close friend of Bart’s, told The Greenwich Time that Bart was a sweet, but awkward kid.
“He always was kind of awkward in his body and kind of clumsy and how he carried himself… He didn’t exude confidence but he was a total sweetheart of a guy. But kids never appreciated that… He was really polite and one of those people who always said `What can I do to help you?’”
4. A few days before his suicide Bart asked his Google Plus friends to play this song at his funeral.
6. Bart’s troubling updates go back to over the summer, however, when he began posting troubling updates about a 12-gauge shotgun he apparently had access to.
The suicide posts of high school sophomore Bart Palosz showed a preoccupation with suicide going back to June
7. Greenwhich High School has brought in mental health counselors to help students cope with the loss.
Greenwich Police say the 15-year-old sophomore from Greenwich High found dead last night shot himself.
8. Greenwich First Selectman Peter Tesei told ABC that “No words can express the pain that the family and the community feels.”
9. Members of the community are now discussing Bart’s social media use leading up to his suicide.
Greenwich expert says parents need to monitor their kids’ social media sites to prevent further suicides. News12com