1. A group of 5,000 people gathered at The Mall Of America on Friday.
2. They came together to perform a song called “Clouds,” it was written by Zach Sobiech.
3. Zach was a 17-year-old from Minnesota who was diagnosed with a terminal form of bone cancer at 14. As he ran out of any possible treatments to battle the cancer, he wrote “Clouds” as a goodbye for friends and family.
5. Organized by local radio station KS95, people touched by Zach’s story gathered just south of Minneapolis and filled up the Mall Of America.
6. Zach passed away in May, and since then his song has reached over 8 million views on YouTube and hit number one on iTunes.
7. Originally, the radio station put out a call for 1,000 choir members, but that number swelled by nearly fivefold.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.