1. A group of 5,000 people gathered at The Mall Of America on Friday.
2. They came together to perform a song called “Clouds,” it was written by Zach Sobiech.
3. Zach was a 17-year-old from Minnesota who was diagnosed with a terminal form of bone cancer at 14. As he ran out of any possible treatments to battle the cancer, he wrote “Clouds” as a goodbye for friends and family.
5. Organized by local radio station KS95, people touched by Zach’s story gathered just south of Minneapolis and filled up the Mall Of America.
6. Zach passed away in May, and since then his song has reached over 8 million views on YouTube and hit number one on iTunes.
7. Originally, the radio station put out a call for 1,000 choir members, but that number swelled by nearly fivefold.
In The News Today
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›