Mass Casualty phase 2 at Avicii show at TD Garden. Have seen 5 ambulances leave here in past 5 minutes
1. At an Avicii concert Wednesday night, dozens of people were hospitalized after getting sick from drugs and alcohol. Many of them were minors.
2. According to Boston EMS, over 50 people at the TD Garden venue had to be treated and 36 of those people had symptoms severe enough that they needed to be transported to local hospitals.
3. Concertgoers ranged from age 16 to 25. It’s also unclear if the drug Molly was involved, which is fairly popular among electronic music fans.
4. Many were posting on social media during the show about the level of intoxication among the crowd.
5. When Avicii played in Toronto in May, 29 people were hospitalized due to alcohol poisoning.
6. According to TMZ, Avicii is unaware of the high number of sick fans at the Boston show.
7. As of Wednesday night, officials at the TD Garden had not issued a comment about what happened.
On June 26, three men were arrested outside of TD Garden on drug charges. According to the DA’s office Tyler Joseph, 29, was charged with possession of a Class B substance for a packet of alleged cocaine that police found on him and Jeffrey Sousa, 23, and William Lopez, 25, were both charged with possessing Class B substances with intent to distribute.