3. Do you remember how to skank? Because if you couldn’t skank, you were dead meat in the circle pit.
4. Seriously, if you aren’t skanking, get out of the pit, dude!
5. OK, off the top of your head, how many summers in a row did you see Reel Big Fish in concert?
7. Follow-up, did you and your friends ever recite the spoken word intro to The Aquabats’ “Pool Party”?
8. OK, did you and your friends cram into your parents’ car to check out local ska bands?
9. AND DID YOU BUY MERCH? How would anyone know you went to the show if you didn’t bring back some pins for your messenger bag?
10. Awesome, local shows are the backbone of the ska community, you were totally rude! (That’s a good thing, btw.)
11. Do you still know who Tom Kalnoky, former lead singer of Catch 22 and current lead singer of Streetlight Manifesto, is? And do you kind of hate him and love him at the same time?
12. Now, in high school did you have at least one friend who was too punk to listen to ska with you and totally ragged on you for it?
14. Were you oh-too-familiar with that uncomfortable feeling of finding out your new favorite ska band is a Christian band?
16. Bonus points if no one from your school ever wanted to come to your shows.
17. Did the popular kids at your school just think you were in a Sublime cover band?
In The News Today
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›