It’s 2013, people. Maybe it’s time we abandon our puritanical beliefs about what is and isn’t a sandwich.
1. We have to open our minds to a wider definition of sandwich: like a hamburger.
3. Hot dogs = two sides of bread with meat and filling.
4. KFC’s Doubledown doesn’t have bread, you say? THE FRIED CHICKEN IS BREADED.
6. The Donut Breakfast Sandwich counts too because last time I checked donuts were made of bread and bacon is meat.
7. Calzones are basically just fancy grilled cheeses.
8. Wraps are controversial, because they’re horrible, but they are, in fact, a sandwich.
9. And burritos are just cooler wraps that you actually want to eat.
11. Same with a panini (or any food in the flatbread genus).
13. Subs, hoagies, and heros (or whatever you call this thing) obviously count.
14. And you may think Philly cheesesteaks are special, but they’re sandwiches too.
17. Eggy toast: controversial for sure, but definitely has enough sandwich elements to be included.
19. Monte Cristos may be deep-fried, but they’re also sandwiches.
20. And lastly, Hot Pockets, because they’re just empanadas for lazy people.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›