It’s 2013, people. Maybe it’s time we abandon our puritanical beliefs about what is and isn’t a sandwich.
1. We have to open our minds to a wider definition of sandwich: like a hamburger.
4. KFC’s Doubledown doesn’t have bread, you say? THE FRIED CHICKEN IS BREADED.
6. The Donut Breakfast Sandwich counts too because last time I checked donuts were made of bread and bacon is meat.
8. Wraps are controversial, because they’re horrible, but they are, in fact, a sandwich.
9. And burritos are just cooler wraps that you actually want to eat.
13. Subs, hoagies, and heros (or whatever you call this thing) obviously count.
14. And you may think Philly cheesesteaks are special, but they’re sandwiches too.
17. Eggy toast: controversial for sure, but definitely has enough sandwich elements to be included.
19. Monte Cristos may be deep-fried, but they’re also sandwiches.
20. And lastly, Hot Pockets, because they’re just empanadas for lazy people.
We've got your WKND covered.
Here Are The Top Stories