1. The following photos are come from accounts that have been geotagged to cities in Syria.
3. The two largest centers of Instagram activity have been Damascus and Aleppo.
5. According to real-time traffic reports, the government has shut off Internet connection for much of the country.
7. These photos all have a publish date from the last month.
9. Giving outsiders a unique and intimate idea of what life in Syria has been like over the last month.
11. Internet for the country was shut off some time around 3:00 p.m. Tuesday.
13. The last time the country went into an Internet blackout was November of 2012.
15. As the blackout continues, many Syrian activists will have to resort to cellular connections to report out what’s happening on the ground.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲