5. Security camped out on the roofs of nearby buildings overlooking the field.
8. Many are reporting that over 15,000 police officers are in attendance today.
11. Quickly the empty seats filled with people coming to pay their respects.
16. MIT Police Chief John DiFava called the support from the MIT community “overwhelming.”
BRIAN SNYDER / Reuters
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›