5. Security camped out on the roofs of nearby buildings overlooking the field.
8. Many are reporting that over 15,000 police officers are in attendance today.
11. Quickly the empty seats filled with people coming to pay their respects.
16. MIT Police Chief John DiFava called the support from the MIT community “overwhelming.”
BRIAN SNYDER / Reuters
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›