Karl Rove on Fox News Tuesday night with a theory that Romney could still win Ohio.
Dean Chambers, founder of the unskewed movement, is team Karl Rove.
In a phone interview with BuzzFeed Tuesday night — after Ohio, and the election, had already been called for President Obama by major news outlets — Chambers was watching Fox News, paying particular attention to a theory espoused by Rove that a quarter of the vote in Ohio had yet to be counted, and could still throw the election in Mitt Romney’s favor.
“He’s saying the call in Ohio was premature,” said Chambers. “I think we should probably see how a lot of these votes go. The bulk of the votes left uncounted could basically cancel out [the result].”
“We really don’t know yet, obviously, and no one is claiming victory or conceding from either camp,” Chambers added. “These are overly optimistic projections.”
Chambers was reticent to answer questions about his polling methodology — which retooled major polls, claiming they had oversampled Democrats — but the blogger did explain that his final prediction for the election, published Monday, depended on Ohio.
“What really counts is to look at my final projection last night,” he said, “and the only thing that has gone against it so far is Ohio. So Ohio is the state that decides who the next president is.”
“We’ll see,” said Chambers.
- paulinar2 Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... and thinks it’s Fail
- danr25 thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is LOL & Fail
- Frogamigo thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is LOL & Fail
- kays4 thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is Fail
- chickennoodle thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is Fail, Trashy & LOL
- ala2 thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is Fail
- Solus thinks Dean Chambers Holding Out Hope For... is LOL & Fail