2. What really stupid thing did Al Capone once do at the end of a round of golf?
See The Week for details.
3. ALL HAIL THE BACON QUEEN.
Learn everything you need to know about your smoky new overlord at the Huffington Post.
4. So it turns out that Latin is still totally useful.
It’s true! The proof is at Intelligencer.
5. Professor John Galliano?
Sure why not. Story at Page Six.
6. There are definite perks to being an ex-Pope, you know.
Get the rundown at The Daily Beast.
7. Mollycoddle! Muckraker! Nature-faker!
And 8 other words and phrases popularized by Teddy Roosevelt, courtesy of mental_floss. BULLY!
8. Where does your city rank on the iPhone Index?
Figure out where you’d like to move at The Fiscal Times.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.