2. What really stupid thing did Al Capone once do at the end of a round of golf?
See The Week for details.
3. ALL HAIL THE BACON QUEEN.
Learn everything you need to know about your smoky new overlord at the Huffington Post.
4. So it turns out that Latin is still totally useful.
It’s true! The proof is at Intelligencer.
5. Professor John Galliano?
Sure why not. Story at Page Six.
6. There are definite perks to being an ex-Pope, you know.
Get the rundown at The Daily Beast.
7. Mollycoddle! Muckraker! Nature-faker!
And 8 other words and phrases popularized by Teddy Roosevelt, courtesy of mental_floss. BULLY!
8. Where does your city rank on the iPhone Index?
Figure out where you’d like to move at The Fiscal Times.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›