2. What really stupid thing did Al Capone once do at the end of a round of golf?
See The Week for details.
3. ALL HAIL THE BACON QUEEN.
Learn everything you need to know about your smoky new overlord at the Huffington Post.
4. So it turns out that Latin is still totally useful.
It’s true! The proof is at Intelligencer.
5. Professor John Galliano?
Sure why not. Story at Page Six.
6. There are definite perks to being an ex-Pope, you know.
Get the rundown at The Daily Beast.
7. Mollycoddle! Muckraker! Nature-faker!
And 8 other words and phrases popularized by Teddy Roosevelt, courtesy of mental_floss. BULLY!
8. Where does your city rank on the iPhone Index?
Figure out where you’d like to move at The Fiscal Times.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.