1. A Columbia physics professor may or may not have lost his mind today.
Ninja swords and underwear and 9/11 at The Atlantic Wire.
2. Want to learn how to give the most powerful handshake in the world?
Of course you do. Lessons at The Week.
3. BAD DOG, MOPSULUS!
Read all about dog-naming trends through the ages at mental_floss.
4. Yoko Ono turns HOW old today?
You’ll probably be surprised by Popdust’s answer. (And happy birthday, Yoko!)
5. This basketball player is karate-kicking that basketball player in the face, ‘Street Fighter’ style.
Story at Lost Lettermen.
6. So Thom Yorke’s Reddit AMA was apparently pretty cryptic. Shocking!
Get the weird highlights at Death and Taxes.
7. Thanks to ‘Lincoln,’ Mississippi has finally outlawed slavery.
You read that right. More at FilmDrunk.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.