1. In the Philippines there is an island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island. Confused? I am.
Vulcan Point is the tiny island within Crater Lake.
2. A dog called Laika went on a space voyage nearly 60 years ago, when she travelled on Sputnik 2 in 1957.
Proof that dogs look good in whatever they wear.
3. An IT consultant had an epiphany when he was 40 and has since had 453 piercings. And horns implanted in his forehead. Horns. In his forehead.
All IT guys look like this, right?
4. There are more mobile phones than people in United Arab Emirates
1,709 phones for every 1,000 people apparently!
5. A man grew a massive onion. And he’s chuffed about it.
Have you ever seen anyone as happy as this man with his onion?!
6. The oldest bike path was built in New York City in 1880. Had cars even been invented then?
No cars allowed.
7. 2.2 million people work for Walmart. That’s more than the population of Slovenia.
8. In Florida there is a hotel that is completely underwater.
There aren’t many hotels that require a 6-m dive to get in…
9. James May built a life-sized house made out of lego
I want to live there.
10. Tom Cruise earned $75 million from 2011 to 2012. Think how many lego houses you could build with that cash.
All records are from Guinness World Records 2014.