1. There was a new product on offer on Amazon’s website today: a “book” titled Living Wages for Amazon Workers. It appears that the book was then swiftly taken down. Here’s what it looked like.
2. Before the listing was taken down, over 100 people left reviews.
4. The reviews were hilarious.
7. The product description said: “Over 62,000 people have called on Amazon to end poverty pay in 2014 — but Amazon has yet to take our demand seriously so we’ve brought it direct to amazon.co.uk.”
10. It continued: “£7.65 is the living wage rate across the UK outside London where most of Amazon’s warehouses are located. That’s all it needs to commit to paying to end poverty wages.”
13. It then asked: “Why not review this product below and let Amazon know that its time to pay the human cost of its operations?”
15. The stunt was created by Amazon Anonymous, a “movement of tens of thousands working to break Amazon’s bad habits, from tax dodging to poverty pay.”
16. Bex Vier, one of the campaigners behind the stunt, jokingly told BuzzFeed: “The product is proving so popular Amazon are trying to take it down whilst we restock.”
17. BuzzFeed have reached out to Amazon, and we’ll update the story when we hear more.
Here Are The Top Stories