1. Artist Saint Hoax has created a poster series of Disney characters Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty bruised and beaten for “an awareness campaign of domestic violence”.
2. Saint Hoax, a “pseudonymous Middle Eastern artist”, says that the aim of the poster series is to encourage victims to report their cases “in order for the authorities to prevent it from happening again”.
3. The question “When did he stop treating you like a princess?” is written across the horrifying images.
4. Saint told BuzzFeed: “I strongly believe that using Disney visuals as a communication method would reach a young audience and encourage them to research more about these sensitive topics that people usually tiptoe around.”
5. Saint Hoax has previously depicted Disney characters as victims of sexual abuse.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.