1. Jeff Barth: “Why Jeff Barth For Congress?”
Despite this nearly five-minute opus, Barth did not win his primary race to take on Republican Kristi Noem for South Dakota’s lone congressional seat.
2. Herman Cain: “Now is the time for action!”
The Mark Block smoking ad.
3. Roland Sledge: “Electric Fences”
In an unusual ad featuring a man urinating on an electric fence, Sledge lays out his pitch to become Texas’ Railroad Commissioner.
4. Ron Gould: “Straight Shooter”
Gould, a candidate for Arizona’s 4th Congressional District, shot Obamacare to bits in his ad.
5. Herman Cain: “Rabbit”
One of Cain’s numerous “Any questions?” ads. This one features a rabbit being shot in mid-air.
6. Gary Johnson: “The Elephants and Donkeys deserve the BIRD”
Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson literally gives Democrats and Republicans the finger.
7. Revolution PAC: “Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!”
The pro-Ron Paul super PAC released this ad imagining a world in which the Chinese have invaded Texas.
8. New Hampshire Liberty For Paul: “Jon Huntsman’s Values”
This controversial ad by a pro-Ron Paul group portrayed Jon Huntsman as the Manchurian Candidate. Ron Paul later disavowed it as “just stupid.”
9. Herman Cain: “This Is The Economy On Stimulus”
Another Cain ad, this time depicting a dead goldfish instead of a rabbit. Same little girl.
10. Fred Thompson: “Fred Thompson’s America”
Former Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson put out a video of himself in a bloody shirt soliciting people to sign up for his email newsletter.
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›