Mindy Meyer, the 22-year-old “Diva of the District” running for State Senate in Brooklyn, refused to attend a debate hosted by The Jewish Channel and tried to prevent the Jewish Channel from covering her fundraiser
According to The Jewish Channel, Meyer’s campaign spent weeks in negotiations trying to move the date of the debate, which was originally set for October 12. Finally they cancelled, blaming her school schedule.
The channel told the Meyer campaign they would be holding the debate anyway, with incumbent Kevin Parker, and her rep replied that they would not be allowed into a fundraising event: “The Jewish Channel is not invited to cover the Mindy Meyer event. We don’t appreciate being blackmailed into a debate. We will not generate a press badge for your channel.”
Watch the Meyer-less debate below:
Corrected to reflect that Meyer’s campaign blocked The Jewish Channel from the fundraiser, not the debate itself.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- seamuscampbell thinks Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate is WTF & Fail
- vicisnice thinks Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate is Fail
- MattHurst Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate
- soxi thinks Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate is Ew, Fail & Trashy
- Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- briso thinks Mindy Meyer Throws Major Fit Over Debate is OMG, Win & LOL