2. And it’s safe to say that no one was having fun.
5. Conditions were cramped on the few Underground lines that were running.
9. Interpersonal relations were… strained.
11. And manners? What manners?
14. Things weren’t looking that great on the buses, either.
19. Or on the water.
20. There was a lot of bag-related shade being thrown about.
22. A lot.
23. And there wasn’t much love around for cyclists.
25. Or people on other forms of two-wheeled transport.
27. In fact, the general consensus about the Tube strike was overwhelmingly negative.
30. Next time there’s a Tube strike, I say we all take a breath and take a leaf out of this guy’s book.
31. Bertie the dog wins Day 2 of the April 2014 Tube strike.
32. Although our thoughts are those who bore the worst of it.
33. Brave souls like this.
Robyn Wilder is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.