1. So it looks like the Penguin Dance, or “raqsat al-batriq”, has hit Saudi Arabia.
2. The WSJ reports that Penguin congas are now becoming a rapid staple of Saudi wedding parties.
4. Saudis are sharing videos of themselves dancing on Keek and YouTube - this man’s video of him dancing with his daughter alone has had 1.8 million views.
5. “Saudis like to have fun and enjoy themselves as much, if not more, than the next person,” dance expert Leila Molaei told The WSJ.
7. “The penguin dance?” Said Nourhan Ashraf in Riyadh. “We’ve got it on our ringtone!”
These penguins approve.