1. Gravy in a Fish & Chip shop is as rare as a smiling southerner.
3. Nothing rivals the hate you feel when people cite Watford as the border between north and south.
4. More often than not people haven’t even heard of the place you’re from.
5. It’s a very confused existence. You spend all your time in the north pointing out why it sucks and talking about how great London is.
6. But if someone in London slags off the north you’ll defend it with every fibre of your being.
8. And listen to people in London moan about the rain.
That’s not rain.
11. You can’t win. When you’re in London people laugh at how northern you sound.
13. The depressing truth that for the price of this flat in North London…
14. Your parents have their own ideas about life in London.
15. There is a tangible feeling of relief when your train leaves London and hits the countryside.
16. But getting the train back to London on a Sunday is a hell few can really understand.
Robin Edds is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.