1. Despite your fears, you got the exam results you needed and you made it into uni.
2. So you celebrate with your friends like you’ve never celebrated before.
3. Once the euphoria has died down, you’re hit with a terrifying realisation — you’re actually going to uni.
5. And start the seemingly endless job of packing your whole life into the car.
6. When people ask how you’re feeling about leaving home, you say what you think they want to hear.
13. Only then do you realise that you’re on your own.
14. You get back into your room and wonder whether you’ve made a huge mistake.
15. What if you don’t make friends? What if everyone hates you?
16. Eventually you pluck up the courage to introduce yourself to your neighbours.
20. But mostly they will be some of the coolest, most fun, like-minded people you’ve ever encountered.
21. You constantly tell people your name, where you’re from, and what you’re studying.
22. Eventually someone has the bright idea to bring out the alcohol.
24. You like everyone. And for now at least they seem to like you.
25. So as you drunkenly crawl into your brand new bed for your first night at uni.
Robin Edds is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He's been apprehended..
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.