1. This video from 2010 has resurfaced recently, probably because it’s pretty damn amazing.
2. The clip shows an octopus being placed in a glass jar and the lid screwed close.
3. Almost instantly, the octopus is shown planning its escape by starting to unscrew the red lid.
The creatures are well known for their intelligence.
4. Those who have viewed the clip on YouTube are divided in their opinion of the Houdini act.
Some described the experiment as cruel, while others expressed their admiration at the octopus’ ingenuity.
5. The octopus takes approximately 50 seconds to escape the jar once the lid is sealed.
6. Here are another 22 reasons why the octopus is the biggest badass in the ocean.
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›