1. Chef Justin Meany decided he wanted to create Britain’s biggest ice cream…
3. The huge ice cream takes two hours to create from scratch, includes 99 scoops and weighs around 9lb.
4. “Now the weather is nice, everyone wants to be eating ice cream, so this mammoth real-life 99 is perfect and tasty as well,” Meany said.
5. You just have to ignore the fact it contains 21,000 calories.
Richard James is the UK news editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›