1. The Hope for Paws animal rescue organisation in Los Angeles posted this hearthbreaking video of Woody the abandoned poodle at the weekend.
2. The clip claims when Woody’s owner died, the family sold their house and left the dog behind.
For a year Woody apparently waited under a nearby shed hoping his owner would return.
3. Neighbours left him food and water as they looked for someone to take care of him.
4. The video shows staff from the rescue centre encouraging Woody to leave the shed.
They can be heard pointing out Woody is blind in one eye.
5. “For the first time in a long time, Woody felt love again,” the video explains.
6. After being rescued, Woody was given a makeover.
8. Underneath the fur, Woody was a tiny and frail dog.
10. But under the care of Hope for Paws he began to regain his strength.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›