1. Kimberly Gordon is known as “flash Gordon” to her parents because she was born just after her mother was struck by lightning.
2. The family claims their child still has permanently static hair a year after the incident.
3. The young girl was delivered by emergency caesarean section after Kendra Villanueva was hit during a rainstorm in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The pair, and Kimberly’s father, Ian Gordon, were rushed to hospital after being struck.
4. Kimberly’s parents say she still can’t digest food properly or sit up unaided.
Villanueva told KOAT: ‘It’s hard seeing that she can’t eat like she’s supposed to and can’t have food yet, just through the [feeding] tube. But other than that I’m glad she lived through it all.”
“She’s just kind of a play-it-by-ear baby,” Gordon added.
“Everybody we’ve seen says it’s a miracle she’s alive.”
- An arrest warrant has been issued for Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina in connection with a corruption case involving the highest levels of the government. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›