1. Kimberly Gordon is known as “flash Gordon” to her parents because she was born just after her mother was struck by lightning.
2. The family claims their child still has permanently static hair a year after the incident.
3. The young girl was delivered by emergency caesarean section after Kendra Villanueva was hit during a rainstorm in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The pair, and Kimberly’s father, Ian Gordon, were rushed to hospital after being struck.
4. Kimberly’s parents say she still can’t digest food properly or sit up unaided.
Villanueva told KOAT: ‘It’s hard seeing that she can’t eat like she’s supposed to and can’t have food yet, just through the [feeding] tube. But other than that I’m glad she lived through it all.”
“She’s just kind of a play-it-by-ear baby,” Gordon added.
“Everybody we’ve seen says it’s a miracle she’s alive.”
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.