1. Photographer Michael Marten has compiled a stunning collection of images from around Britain highlighting the effect of tides.
The Severn Bridge. Low tide at 2:30pm, high tide at 8:20am.
2. For Sea of Change: A Tidal Journey Around Britain, Marten travelled to different coastlines to photograph identical views at high and low tide.
Blackpool. Low tide at 11:20am, high tide at 4pm.
3. Marten began documenting the images back in 2003.
Crosby, Liverpool. High tide at 12 noon, low tide at 9am.
4. His journey began while exploring the Berwickshire coastline.
Berwickshire harbour. Low tide at 11am, high tide at 6pm.
5. And over the years he travelled around the country capturing the incredible changes in the tides.
Hayle rivermouth, Cornwall. Low tide at 12 noon, high tide at 6pm.
Howick, Northumberland. High tide at 6pm, low tide at 12 noon.
Salmon fishery in Solway Firth. Low tide at 5:20pm, high tide at 12 noon.
North Berwick. Low tide at 11:15am, high tide at 3:40pm.
Perranporth, Cornwall. Low tide at 12 noon, high tide at 8pm.
Blackpool pier. Low tide at 11.50am, high tide at 4.10pm
Perranporth, Cornwall. High tide at 6pm, low tide at 11:20am.
St Ives, Cornwall. Low tide at 12:30pm, high tide at 6:30pm.
St Mary’s lighthouse, Whitley bay. Low tide at 1pm, high tide at 5:50pm.