1. The almost paralysing indecision you experience when trying to choose which aisle to use.
Kevin Lamarque / Reuters / Reuters
2. The start of your irrational hatred and anger is aimed at the idiot trying to take their trolley to the basket-only aisle.
pin add / Via Flickr: pinadd
3. You immediately become impatient at the speed of your queue.
4. But find brief relief when you spy all the stuff the lovely supermarket staff have put near the checkouts.
5. It’s not long though before you go back to being obsessed with getting your groceries on the conveyor belt as quickly as possible.
BBC / Via s1070.photobucket.com
6. At some point you consider binning the whole idea, dropping your shopping in the middle of the store and going to sit down in a dark room.
BBC / Via campercooperpugfi.tumblr.com
7. All you want to do is reach the promised land.
Talisa / Via Flickr: rocketships-jellyfish
8. You start thinking horrible, violent thoughts about the people in front of you taking too long to pack their bags.
9. And the fucking twats who insist on talking on their phones while at the checkout. IT’S TAKING YOU TWICE AS LONG AS IT SHOULD!
BBC / Via giphy.com
10. People trying to use the exact change and money-off vouchers are also your sworn enemies.
11. And then something truly horrific happens, you suddenly realise you’ve forgotten a part of your shopping and can’t decide whether to leave the queue to get it.
12. You decide to leave it and then… utter joy, you reach the start of the conveyor belt.
alisdair / Via Flickr: alisdair
13. You immediately get suspicious when the checkout assistant is friendly.
BBC / Via replygif.net
15. Then comes the worst part of the whole experience – trying to open the carrier bags.
Walmart / Via Flickr: walmartcorporate
16. You can’t open them, everyone is watching, you have become your own worst enemy, everything is bad.
17. You get oversensitive at the horrible mean people judging you for being so slow.
BBC / Via giphy.com
19. The real fun finally begins as you race to pack your bags in the fastest time ever.
20. And after you’ve paid you quickly make your way to the exit to celebrate your freedom.
Castle Rock Entertainment / Via giphy.com
Richard James is the UK news editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today