1. Three of the world’s rarest tiger cubs have made their public debut at London Zoo.
2. The seven-week-old cubs ventured out into the zoo’s Tiger Territory with their mother Melati on Wednesday.
3. The Sumatran cubs still haven’t been named and their sex remains unknown.
4. Zookeeper Tracey Lee said: “We were watching the cubs on the hidden cameras in their dens, when it looked like they were about to follow Melati outside – we all rushed to the exhibit and were just thrilled to catch them playing outside for the first time.
5. “We got a real glimpse of their different personalities, as two of the cubs confidently bounded outside while the other one hung back a little and needed a bit more encouragement from mum.
“Melati spends 24 hours a day caring for the cubs, playing with them, feeding them and washing them and only leaves them for a few minutes at a time to eat, so they’ve given her the best Mothers’ Day treat of a few minutes peace!”