1. Four people have died after a helicopter crashed in thick fog in Norfolk.
2. The helicopter came down in a field near Lord Ballyedmond’s home in Gillingham, near Beccles, on Thursday evening.
3. Tributes have been paid to Lord Ballyedmond.
Ulster Unionist peer Lord Reg Empey said: “He brought high-quality employment opportunities to this country during its darkest days.
“This tragic accident has cut short the life of a man who had still much to give. The family circle will be numbed by the tragedy.”
4. The three other men on board all died at the scene.
Chief Superintendent Bob Scully of Norfolk Police said: “On behalf of the force I would like to pass on my condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of those who have sadly lost their lives in this tragic incident.
5. “Limited investigations have taken place so far due to the dark, cold and foggy conditions.
6. “However, with daylight and hopefully clearer conditions a more detailed examination of the crash site can get under way.”
7. It is thought the aircraft may have been heading to Northern Ireland when it came down.
8. Police confirmed the crash site would remain cordoned off throughout the day with a team from the Air Accidents Investigation Branch sent to the scene.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›