1. The 43-year-old has the biggest biceps in Brazil.
2. His arms grew to such an incredible size after he injected them with oil and alcohol.
3. The dangerous craze is leading to infections, amputations and even fatalities.
Following the death of a close friend from the procedure, the Brazilian bodybuilder says he has stopped injecting the potentially lethal cocktail into his muscles.
4. “My friend Paulinho, he passed away from doing these things,” De Souza said.
5. “I felt his death a lot. He took it, I took it, but he went beyond the limit. I advise no one to take this oil.
“I’ve stopped taking it, and other things as well, but there is always that will to start again. But I’m managing to control myself, to this day.”
6. Despite the dangers involved, De Souza’s older brother reckons Arlindo is a hit with the ladies.
“The women around here and in other places admire him. They think he looks nice,” said Adriano Jose Jordao de Souza.
7. Arlindo before.
8. And now.
Watch this video for more on De Souza’s transformation.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️